I. About .中国 domain names
What are .中国domain names?
What are the advantages to register .中国 domain names?
II.Select a .中国 domain name for registration
What are the naming rules and registration rules for.中国 domain names?
How to choose a .中国 domain name for registration？
III.How to register the .中国 domain names
What are the procedures for .中国 domain name registration?
IV. How to use .中国 domain names
V. How to register the protected domain
VI.Tips after successful registration of the domain
VII. General Business FAQ
Case2: When the inquired domain name has been registered, it will display the inquired domain name registration information. At this point, you can take the measures as follows:
(1) Add “-”, Chinese characters, letters or numbers to the domain name already registered, or change for another combination to try submitting application for registration;
(2) Contact the “registrant” of this domain name displayed in the WHOIS lookup results to resolve the domain name dispute through consultation;
Case 3: When the inquired domain name is subject to the protective registration, it means that such domain name can only be registered by the corresponding protected entity. When the inquired domain name is subject to prohibited registration, it means that any user can not apply for registration. For details, contact our Center or registrar for confirmation. The details are as shown below:
Please use the link to get detailed information of how to register protected domain names and documents required for registration.
3. Select a satisfactory registrar on the accredited registrar list of our Center.
The registrar refers to the entity able to approach domain name registration, directly complete registration of domain names in domestic China.
We have certified a number of domestic and overseas registrars, so you can get access for information about registrars and overseas partners through our website.
The .中国 domain names are subject to the oriented-market price, with RMB 320 yuan / year per domain. At the action of the market rule, the registrars will develop a reasonable price based on the market conditions. It is recommended that you choose a satisfactory registrar for domain name registration according to its service quality, price and other relevant factors.
4. Contact a registrar and submit domain name registration data
When applying for domain name registration, you should submit the following information to a registrar in a written or electronic form:
(1) Applied domain name;
(2) Hostnames and IP addresses of the primary and auxiliary server;
(3) If the applicant is an individual, the name, address, telephone, e-mail and other relevant information should be submitted; if the applicant is an entity, the entity name, Organization Code Certificate, address, e-mail and phone number should be submitted;
(4) Name, address, email and phone number of the applicant's administrative contact, domain name technical contact, billing contact and purveyor contact;
(5) Domain name registration term
The domain name registration application may be different among registrars. You can confirm the submission way of domain name registration application with your registrar.
5. Sign a domain name registration agreement and keep the relevant documents
While handling domain name services, it is recommended that you sign a registration agreement or contract with your registrar, and keep the relevant documents, in order to better safeguard your rights and interests.
6. Submit authentic, accurate and complete registration and application information
While submitting registration application to the registrar, you should submit the application materials as required, usually including:
(1) Personal identification: identification card front page (copied or scanned);
(2) Organization’s identification: Organization Code Certificate (copied or scanned) or business license (copied or scanned);
(3) Other information related to domain name registration application
7. Verify the domain name registration information
Registrant shall check whether the name, registration term and contact email is authentic, accurate and complete. The application information shall be completely consistent with the registration data in the “WHOIS lookup” system.
You can verify the submitted registration information as follows:
(1) Our Center’s website “WHOIS lookup”system;
(2) “WHOIS lookup” system on the registrar’s website.
8. Pay close attention to domain name auditing results
Approval of the domain name verification must meet the following requirements:
(1) The domain name shall accord with the requirements of China Internet Domain Name Regulations(MIIT Order No.30);
(2) The domain name registration information should be authentic, accurate and complete, and identification information can pass through the data validation by Chinese authorities;
(3) The application materials should match the registration data in the “WHOIS lookup” system.
Once the domain name online application is submitted, the registrar will make initial verification of the domain name registration information and data. After the domain name has passed through the verification, the registrar will submit the application documents to CNNIC for further verification, CNNIC finishes reviewing the domain name registration information and data in one working days.
You can pay close attention to the verification progress and status of your domain name through the registrar.
9. After the domain name registration is completed, pay close attention to the record and verification results through ICP record management system of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology
If your domain name has passed through the verification, it indicates that the domain name has been successfully registered. The domain name itself does not need to be recorded. However, if you use the domain name for any website application, your website shall be recorded according to the relevant requirements of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People’s Republic of China for website management.
The website record is not undertaken or approved by our Center. The user should contact the relevant Internet access service provider (ISP) or registrar to complete the website record through the provincial communications authorities.
10. Enable domain name resolution and start using the domain name
Same as the CN domain names, after the user completes the registration process of a .中国 domain name, the corresponding DNS, WWW and Email shall be configured before this .中国 domain name can be really used. Simply speaking, the .中国 and CN domain names are similar in configuration process, but the configuration files of such existing servers as DNS, WWW and Email can not yet support direct editing in Chinese, so the Punycode transcoding shall be a must before configuration for proper work, and users can complete transcoding through the “ transcoding tool for .中国 domain names http://www1.cnnic.cn/IS/zwym/” in our Center’s website.
Specifically as follows:
Method 1 (recommended):
(1) The user can set the DNS server when registering .中国 domain as the DNS resolution server provided by the registrar;
(2) The user can entrust a domain name registrar to configure the resolution server of this .中国 domain name;
(3) Officially put the .中国 domain name in use;
If you are using the Apache HTTP server, your service provider may configure the Virtual Host of the DNS resolution server, specifically referring to the virtual host configuration in our Center’s website: http://www.cnnic.cn/jczyfw/zwym/zgymzcjsy/201206/t20120612_26524.http://www.cnnic.cn/jczyfw/zwym/zgymzcjsy/201206/t20120612_26524.http://www.cnnic.cn/jczyfw/zwym/zgymzcjsy/201206/t20120612_26524.http://www.cnnic.cn/jczyfw/zwym/zgymzcjsy/201206/t20120612_26524.
(1) The user can set the DNS server when registering .中国 domain as his own DNS resolution server
(2) The user configures the .中国 DNS server on his own.
1. How to transfer registration of .中国 domain names?
Transfer of registration of domain names refers to changing domain name holder's registration information.
According to Chapter 4 Domain Name Changes and Cancellation in CNNIC Implementing Rules of Domain Name Registration, any organization that applies for domain name transfer shall submit the valid and effective application form for domain name transfer and identification. Registrars shall audit when receiving the materials above within three working days and change the domain name holder after the qualified auditing result.
You can submit materials required for domain name holder change and identification to your current registrar. After the qualified auditing your will and materials, the registrar will help you transfer registration of domain name.Please confirm the change way and handling procedures with your current registrar.
2. How to change .中国 domain name registrar?
Change .中国 domain name registrar means transfering your domain name from one registrar to another, that is the change of registrar information.
The original registrar (hereinafter referred to as the transferor) shall send the correct transfer code to the management contact email of the domain name registration information within three working days after receiving a valid application submitted by the domain name holder, and shall not charge for the transfer.
You can get the transfer code by submitting qualified materials required for registrar changing, and pass the correct transfer code to the transferee to complete registrar changing.For requirements and materials mentioned above, please see note to Chapter 5 Changing of Registrars in CNNIC Implementing Rules of Domain Name Registration.
3.How to resolve the domain name dispute?
Resolve the domain name dispute through the domain name dispute resolution procedures on the basis of Rules for CNNIC Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy and CNNIC Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy. The entities for domain name dispute resolution are as follows:
China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission, http://www.odr.org.cn
Hongkong International Arbitration Centre, http://www.hkiac.org